The Fleshless Woman

It was 1953 when I was coming back from Chalchuapa to my hometown Santa Ana City. I was driving my new Ford Crestline Sunliner. It was an amazing night, the sky was clear, no cows in the street, only my car and me. As a single and handsome man, I was the king of the dance floor. A few guys had my style and elegance.

However, that night I had a terrifying experience that I will remember all my life. Almost halfway to Santa Ana, I saw the most beautiful woman in my life. She was blonde, tall, had blue eyes, and was very sexy. She was walking in the same direction that I was driving. I stopped for a moment and asked: “Are you lost? It’s quite late, do you need a lift?”

She smiled and said: “Sure, I’m going to Santa Ana City. I never expected that such a nice guy would stop and give me a lift.”

I felt like I was the luckiest man. I started to talk and flirt with her, showing my best skills.

She started to giggle and began to seduce me too. It was the most exciting moment in many months. I stopped the car, and we started to kiss each other, to touch, and the rest is history.

Nevertheless, when I opened my eyes, I felt like someone hit me with a bucket of cold water. She didn’t have any skin. She was fleshless! She was only a skeleton! She giggled one more time and vanished!

For the next weeks, I was speechless. I couldn’t believe I had met the fleshless woman (figure 1) and gave her a lift! When I recovered, I went to the church and spoke with the priest about my experience with her, asking for advice and pardon for my sins.

Figure 1. The Fleshless Woman. ¹

The priest told me:

“My dear son, the Fleshless Woman, is an old witch’s spirit cursed because of her witchery.

One day, the police arrested her and shot her to death. However, her spirit couldn’t go to the afterlife. She must stay with us until the end of the time.

She must scare all men in that street who disrespect women, play with their feelings, hit their families, or are drunk driving. Also, she shows up in multiple shapes, colors, etc. To be forgotten by their previous drivers until they get mad or stop their bad habits.”

I was shaking after what I heard from the priest and decided to stop drinking. I have never drunk a single shot in years. However, a couple of years later, I discovered my story is not unique to El Salvador because this wicked spirit exists all over Latin America as the priest said in different forms, for example:
Therefore, the next time you are driving alone in the street that connects Santa Ana City and Chalchuapa (Figure 2) or in Ecuador or Mexico. Don’t stop for any beautiful woman who you think is lost or asking for a lift and if you do it, for the great God! Take care of your life!

Figure 2. This street connects Santa Ana City and Chalchuapa.

Credits:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Guirola Family

The Cuyancua

Comizahual “The White Woman”